Can we have an appointment just to meet you?
Absolutely! I am happy to talk to you on the telephone or for you to see me for an initial appointment without obligation. It is important that you feel comfortable that I am the right person to help you celebrate your special day. Have a look at my blog for details of recent weddings, check out my Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page and then let's get together for a coffee and a chat!
What legal paperwork do we need to complete?
Couples planning to marry need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage at least one month and not more than 18 months before the big day. I usually complete this paperwork with the bride and groom once the booking is confirmed. I’ll let you know what you need to bring to this appointment. For most couples this will include at least your birth certificate and driver's licence or passport. If you have been married before you will also need to produce evidence that you are free to marry (i.e. a Divorce Order). Some situations are more complex than others so let's talk! Other ceremonies do not require any legal paperwork.
What do you provide?
- Free initial meeting with no obligation
- Unlimited discussions via email and phone
- A booklet, yours to keep, with ideas to assist in the design of your ceremony. It includes examples of ceremonies, poems and readings as well as information about special rituals you may wish to incorporate
- My time in writing a ceremony that is personal and reflects you as a couple
- Preparation and submission of the required legal documentation
- A rehearsal if desired (in my office or on site at a mutually suitable time)
- A signing table and two chairs if needed
- Public address system for voice and music amplification with two wireless microphones. You can plug your iPod or iPhone into my PA system or use a CD.
- Responsibility for performing the ceremony on the wedding day
One or both of us are overseas or interstate at the moment. Is that OK?
A lot of planning and paperwork can be completed by email and telephone. I've even conducted
interviews using Skype! I’ll still need to see original documentation, and you both
(in person) before the marriage takes place.